To become Saudi Heart Association Instructor position folowing criteria need to
Identification of Instructor potential (IP) for SHA CPR Courses
a. The instructor can be a medical doctor, nurse, technician or paramedic.
Identification of Instructor Candidates (IC)
b. Demonstrated good competence in the subject at a provider course.
c. Score more than 90 % in the written and skill performance at provider course
from the first attempt.
d. Speak both languages (Arabic/English) good and fluently.
e. Shown leadership personality.
f. Shown clinical credibility and skills, then involve being articulated, supportive
g. Recommended by two (2) senior instructors at the provider course.
- Successfully complete the instructor course at any recognized CPR training center
- Teach on courses under the supervision of senior instructor for the first 90 days
after the date of the instructor course.
- The number of under supervision courses is decided with the final result of the
- After he/she finish the assigned supervision course, the IC normally progress to
full instructor status, but occasionally the senior instructor and/or faculty decides
that a further course is required, or rarely that the candidates is not suitable
to progress to be an instructor.
- An appeal can be logged with the national CPR committee which makes the final decision.
What are the criteria of the Full Instructor ?
- FULLY conduct any assignment during the course independently.
- He/she can be responsible or assigned to organize and conduct a specific CPR course
by the coordinator and approved by the CPR program director.
- Shown Flexibility, modest personality during teaching and training.
- Should consult senior instructor in case of inefficient knowledge, or skill performance
- He/she is responsible to maintain and keep the center and all equipment in a good
- He/she may be assigned by senior for any task within the center activities.
- Attached to his certifying center for renewal of instructor certificate.